Ten Things You Should Know About This Book
1. Sebastian Grey is a devilishly handsome rogue with a secret.
2. Annabel Winslow’s family voted her The Winslow Most Likely to Speak Her Mind and The Winslow Most Likely to Fall Asleep in Church.
3. Sebastian’s uncle is the Earl of Newbury, and if he dies without siring an heir, Sebastian inherits everything.
4. Lord Newbury detests Sebastian and will stop at nothing to prevent this from happening.
5. Lord Newbury has decided that Annabel is the answer to all of his problems.
6. Annabel does not want to marry Lord Newbury, especially when she finds out he once romanced her grandmother.
7 is shocking, 8 is delicious, and 9 is downright wicked, all of which lead the way to
10. Happily. Ever. After.
I’ve been on a bit of a Julia Quinn audio-glom this year, having listened to Just Like Heaven, A Night Like This, and It’s in His Kiss in the last few months alone! I frequently turn to her books or audios when I want something light and a bit fluffy, which has plenty of humour and engaging characters, and I can say that Ten Things I Love About You most definitely fits that particular bill.
It may not be up to the standard of some of her earlier Bridgerton books, but in Sebastian Grey she has created a hero who can give any of the Bridgerton men a good run for their money! He’s everything one would expect of a romantic hero – handsome, extremely charming, and very witty, but he’s also rather a troubled young man whose distressing dreams lead to bouts of serious insomnia. In the midst of one of these bouts, he starts toying with the idea of writing a book – something we discover later has actually served him rather well.
I’m not quite sure what it is exactly, but there is something that sets Sebastian in a class apart from your usual handsome, charming, and witty hero; and the only word I can come up with to describe it is to say that he’s intensely loveable.
You can read the rest of this review over at AudioGals.